Thursday 30 June 2016

L-FRESH THE LION Onstage be Like....

Photo by Cole Bennetts

Rituals...


My team and I get together and give thanks as a group before each show. That gets us mentally prepared for the show. We also take that opportunity to remind ourselves to stay present, soak up the atmosphere and have fun.


Warm up secrets ...


I have a warm up and warm down routine for my voice. I use an app on my phone called Vocal Mastery, which was made by my vocal coach, Leigh McRae. It has everything I need on there. For my body, you'll find me jumping up and down and getting some stretches in.


Choreography...


My team and I come up with the choreography during rehearsals or when we watch back footage from a show we've just done. We're big on being authentic on stage so we don't fully choreograph every movement. Instead, we pick moments to sync our movements together in order to build energy.





Stage presence...

We get inspired by all the great performers who've come before us. We watch a lot of their live footage for inspiration. And we're constantly reviewing our own footage to see where we can improve.

Favourite part of a live performance...

Man, I just love being onstage. The entire set is my favourite part! It's so much fun. I remind myself not to take any of it for granted.



More info about L-FRESH THE LION live coming very, very soon Australia... keep your eyes on his website for more details.

Buy his new album BECOME now.


No comments:

Post a Comment